Chicago's Best Western Suburbs Home Buying FAQs
The Bryan Bomba Group Has Answers!
Whether you’re a first-time
1. Where Should I Start the Process?
Actually, you've already started the process. Fact-finding and reading articles is a great way to become a smart consumer. The highest priorities to focus on before you begin searching for specific areas,
- Learn about the Hinsdale real estate market.
- Organize and review your finances. Set a budget and figure out what you will be able to afford
fora down payment. Use our handy mortgage calculator to see what a monthly mortgage payment might look like for you.
- Start exploring the many communities in and around Chicago's Best Western Suburbs to see which might be best for you.
- If you're a first-time buyer, you might want to get more information first!
- Have a down payment and earnest money ready when the time comes to act and make your offer.
Your next step is to contact us. As your home buying specialists, we'll protect your interest and manage the details of the real estate transaction on your behalf to your complete satisfaction. For more experienced buyers, a little brush up on the real estate process wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, you'll need a really sharp Hinsdale real estate team to protect your interests too!
2. How Do I Know What to Look for in a Home?
- This is up to you! Take some time to decide what’s important to you—proximity to amenities, school districts, yard sizes, noise, commute, highway access. This will help you find a neighborhood.
- Review home features you might want and those you’ll need, from size to style to overall condition. Having a good idea of what you’re looking for will save you time and tours of homes that don't meet your criteria.
- Browse our Chicago's Best Western Suburbs featured listings, or start searching homes by amenities and features.
3. Why Should I Use a Realtor?
- A good Realtor can guide you through the financial and legal complexities of the Chicago's Best Western Suburbs real estate process.
- A local Realtor will be a Chicago's Best Western Suburbs expert and can provide vital insight into its neighborhoods and communities.
- A Realtor can help you find the right price range for your income and finances and can explain the pros and cons of different types of mortgages.
- A Realtor will answer all your questions and guide you through the complicated paperwork.
4. Where and How Can I Get a Loan?
- Mortgage loans are typically available through banks, credit unions, private mortgage companies, and government state lenders.
- Your Realtor can help connect you with lenders. You can also shop for lenders on your own, making sure you take some time to search around and compare rates. Calling local government agencies can also be a good idea to find out more about programs that might be available to you.
5. What if I Have Bad Credit or No Down Payment?
- You might qualify for a federal mortgage program or local home buying assistance program.
- The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) helps home buyers by offering insured loans. This means that if the buyer defaults, the lender will still get their money. Insured loans encourage lenders to work with more buyers regardless of their credit or available down payment.
- Many state and local governments offer additional programs for buyers who meet various criteria or are buying within individual communities.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) also offers many assistance programs to home buyers.
6. Once I Find My Home, What Will I Have to Pay Up Front?
- Earnest money: This is the "security deposit" you pay when you submit your offer to prove to the seller that you are serious. After your offer is accepted, it is applied to your down payment or closing costs.
- Down Payment: This is a percentage of the cost of your home. The amount will depend on your loan; government programs can help you decrease this amount.
- Closing Costs: These are typically low for buyers and represent the fees associated with paperwork and lender charges.
7. What Other Costs Will I Pay?
- Other costs can include utilities, HOA or condo fees, and property taxes—which are typically included in your mortgage payment.
- Ask your Realtor about additional fees associated with your particular home, community, or neighborhood.
8. With all the bad news about mortgage products and home foreclosures, how do I avoid making a big mistake when deciding which type of loan to select?
Once we meet and review your finances along with your home buying needs, you should select a lending consultant. We can recommend several trusted lending professionals or you can choose your own. Having
- How much money do you have for a down payment?
- How long do you plan to live in the home?
- Do you qualify for
a FHAor VA loan?
Because more homes are on the market here in Hinsdale, your choices are plentiful and the time is right for you to buy!
I Still Have Questions!
That's easy! Contact us today and we can answer any of your home buying questions about homes for sale and real estate in Chicago's Best Western Suburbs or its many communities.
Want more information? Learn more about buying a home in Chicago's Best Western Suburbs!