Like every other aspect of the highly personalized services my team and I provide, the needs analysis is unique to every case. However, in an effort to give you a taste of what to expect, these are the types of questions I might ask:
- What is your preferred method of communication? E-mail? Cell phone?
- Tell me about the people who will be living in your home...What are the kids ages? What activities are they into?
- Are schools important to you? Public? Private?
- How soon do you need a home?
- Where will you/your spouse be working? Will you/your spouse drive or take the train? What is the maximum commute you'll accept?
- Does anyone in your family have special needs?
- How long do you plan on owning your next home?
- What style of homes do you prefer?
- What features of a home are important to you?
- What is your price range?
- Desired number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, etc.
- Do you have an existing relationship with an excellent local lender? Are you aware of the importance of having a loan status disclosure?
- Do you need to sell before you can buy?
- Which towns/neighborhoods do you like?
- What can I do to make this the best experience you've had buying a home?